- In line with the Center analysis that is’s of information, about one-in-four young Hispanic females (26%) becomes a mom by age 19. This compares with an interest rate of 22% among young black females, 11% among young white females, and 6% among young females that are asian.
- Notwithstanding those numbers, the price of births to females that are hispanic 15 to 19 declined by 18percent from 1990 to 2007. But on the list of complete populace, the rate of births to teens in this age bracket declined by 29% through the period that is same.
- Much most of older Latinos (81%) and Latino youngsters (75%) state that more teenage girls having infants is a thing that is bad culture. Also higher stocks associated with the complete U.S. population state the thing—94 that is same of all of the grownups and 90% of most 18- to 25-year-olds.
- About seven-in-ten (69%) Latino young ones state that learning to be a teenager parent stops a individual from reaching one’s objectives in life; 28% disagree.
- Native-born Latino young ones have significantly more negative view of teenager parenthood than perform some foreign born. Some 71% regarding the 2nd generation and 78% of this third say teenager parenthood disturbs one’s goals in life. Continue reading